Tea Cozie Cottage

Tea Cozie Cottage
Betty @ tea cozie cottage

Monday 19 August 2013

Tuesday Tea

What a beautiful weekend and today is a continuation of it. Welcome to my Tuesday Tea, come along with me and we will have it on the deck. I think we'll use my new white ascp tea wagon. Love the tray on it. Going to sell this in my shop, but really don't want to sell the tray.
First as we walk by the garden check out my garden art, flower made out of bridal wreath china. A couple of weeks ago I got a huge amount of this pattern at the auction, for sure young people sure don't want it, but it is so pretty, in fact the older ladies don't want it either .
gee I just drew a blank, I do that a lot, but this pattern is Bridal Wreath, will have to check
and make sure. Without the purple flower the pattern is Bridal Rose,which I have tried
to buy for 43 years, no one wants that pattern either. So I'm sure that is what this is-Bridal
Wreath.
It looks so pretty with Serena, will show that at a later date. Back to sour walk- here is the garden Art, my floral wreath flower. Plates have small chips in them, couldn't bring myself to use good ones of this pattern.
Come and sit down and have a cup of tea,

these are also two new tea cups, both are Royal Albert

 I also painted the screen in the background, looks so much better with the white than the wood.
 this tea pot is new, from auction where else? it is Royal Cotswold, and it was cheap, tea
we are sharing is Peppermint tea and some macaroons? is that what you call them?
they are delicious. Also, so excited have a rose, I thought I lost all my roses to those
little squirmy looking green worms, then low and behold have buds.


isnt this teapot pretty??

 the tiered dish is a Royal Winton chintz
 the rose is so pretty isn't it through the tea
 this teapot is just as pretty with the fluted gold edge and the trim inside


 I almost forgot Anne, how could I do that, thought of her all morning, so
 ran upstairs and got my collection. 

 I had read some of these books when I was a young girl, then last year I bought
this set and read four of them. Reading them as an adult is different than years ago.

ah my rose, this is a pale pink and soft yellow, I told you I was excited about it, well
Iam, I guess it doesn't take a lot, but can't wait until morning to check out the buds and 
make sure their isn't anything green eating the leaves. God bless everyone and have a
great week. Summer is finally here...


Iam joining Sandi at Tea Time Tuesday
Martha atTea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Tea Cup Tuesday
Ruth @ Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Bernideen at Tea in the Garden
Heart and Home
A Return to Loveliness
Table Top Tuesday
Tea Cup Thursday
pink saturday

7 comments:

  1. Oh how totally beautiful! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the china pattern. Everything looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Betty, what a gorgeous post! What's not to love? LOVE the Bridal Wreath pattern; so exquisite and you have so many pieces! I don't understand why folks don't care for china any more. I guess our society is too laid back and don't want to fuss. I think it's a shame!
    LOVE your tea cart! Alas, I never see them around here. I sure could have used one yesterday when my relatives from NB stopped in for tea on their way to NS and the Cabot Trail.
    Your two RA teacups are lovely and so is your garden art piece. That chintz teapot is fabulous too. I have never seen macarons here on the Island. You have a nice collection of Anne books. Thank you, my friend, for joining me for tea this week and enjoy the nice weather.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that china pattern - so sweet! Your tea, along with the "Anne of Green Gables" book looks so inviting! I know you will have a pleasant time with both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful china pattern! I'm not sure why there would be anyone who didn't want it.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! I love your garden stake, what a wonderful idea for chipped china.

    Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday!
    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Betty - such a gorgeous post - beautiful china and wonderful Anne tribute! I am delighted that you shared your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete